The Trail Youth is a non-profit organization seeking to build bridges between youth and the many resources available. The Trail Youth aims to help youth, ages 13-19, who are facing some form of trauma by promoting stable, nurturing relationships with mentors and promoting a safe, healing environment for students through a youth coffee shop. We desire to see a strong, integrated community that values every child and contributes to their success.
The Trail Youth’s program is designed after the life coaching system. Our focus is on the future, while addressing the past and meeting the needs of the present. Our goal is to be a trusted community safe place that is known for empowering youth and decreasing the impact of trauma. Safety leads to connection, which leads to learning.
We will restore value to teens through mentorship, leadership development, and connections.
- Connect weekly after school with trained mentors who share the same interests and experiences.
- Create personalized vision statements for the mentee with the goal of job training or academic success.
- Guide mentees in creating their own path for success by helping them identify the issues that may hinder them from their goals.
- Identify and teach individualized positive coping strategies
- Develop a youth run Teen Closet
- Barista training
- Develop a vision for community and global service
- Drug and alcohol rehab centers
- Counseling and social services
- Resources for basic needs such as food bands and clothing (Teen Closet)
- Social support such as churches, clubs, etc, Local businesses for job training and internships.